The Hertfordshire Asian Women’s Association (HAWA) is a voluntary organisation. It aims to inform, advise and involve women from different backgrounds in St Albans and surrounding areas on issues which affect them, the community and their families.
The Hertfordshire Asian Women’s Association’s objective is to promote education, work towards the advancement of women, promote human rights and promote gender equality at a local, national and global level where appropriate,
HAWA membership is open to any women who support our objectives of the HAWA and are looking to make a difference to their community.
• Meet new people though our core activities and social events.
• Get informed on Government policies that affect you
• Develop your skills as an advocate
• Challenge discriminatory practices that prevent us from exercising our rights
• Have a voice
• Share your knowledge and expertise and mentor young people
• Campaign on issues with that effect all women
• Give back to your community
Membership is open to any Asian women to join irrespective of race, religion, disability, sexuality, transgender or age, at any time.
Membership Benefits include:
Subsidized Tickets for all HAWA events
Discounts from local businesses
Register with HAWA – Please download the form, fill it and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Application Form for Membership